Documents produced from other eDiscovery platforms are delivered in a format which includes “load files”. These files tell the database where each document begins and ends along with some other information on the documents.
Documents loaded with load files are processed into collections much like client data with the big exception of only the load file is needed to process.
When documents are produced in this format you will often have a series of folders labeled DATA, IMAGES, NATIVE, OCR depending on the contents of the production:
The OPT or LFP load file will be located in the DATA folder:
To add documents to your matter, you must first create a Collection:
1. Switch to the Process View.
2. Right-click on the "Collections" node or an existing collection and select New Collection.
3. A new collection node appears in the collection tree and is editable.
Note: Renaming collections can be done in the same manner as renaming a folder in Windows i.e. click and hold on the node briefly, then release the mouse click and the collection name will become editable.
4. Drag and drop the lfp/opt file onto an existing collection node in the collections tree OR drag and drop onto the imports grid. The Add Documents interface will appear.
The Add documents dialog appears. For this import you may want to de-select “expand containers” if the data provided by the producing party may have containers not intended to be produced as separate documents. This instance happens when excel files have embedded documents which upon expanding become an unintended produced document without a Bates number.
5. Using the Set Policy in the Policy Editor to determine which of these documents will be placed into review: Set Policy – Ctrl+R
6. If your DATA folder also contains a load filed labeled as a DAT extension, please see the section on overlaying metadata: Overlaying Metadata